Exclusive Orlando Composer Festival
Robert W. Smith Music Festival
Have your Band or Orchestra considered to be a part of the inaugural Robert W. Smith Music Festival held in Orlando, FL! Perform in Orlando and INCLUDES two days at Universal Orlando Resort including Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure!
All National Music Composer Festivals
Featuring World Renowned Composer, Robert W. Smith
Key Festival Components
- Exclusive, National Adjudicated concert festival
- Integrated Festival Composer (one selection must be a composition by Robert W. Smith)
- Clinic on stage after performance
- 2 day, park to park at Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure included with Awards ceremony
- NEW Accommodations at Universal Orlando Resort’s Endless Summer Resort: Dockside Inn And Suites (subject to availability)
- 2 Breakfasts at the Resort
- 1 Awards Breakfast Special Event
- Commemorative gifts for the directors and students
- Performance recording
- Compositions awarded to every ensemble!
- Top group wins a commissioned work by the composer to be written/published for your band!
+ Master class rehearsal
+ Your piece conducted by the composer at performance! (requires master class)
About our Featured Composer
Robert W. Smith (b. 1958) is one of the most popular and prolific composers in America today. He has over 600 publications in print with the majority composed and arranged through his long association with Warner Bros. Publications and the Belwin catalog… (click drop arrow to read more…)
Mr. Smith’s credits include many compositions and productions in all areas of the music field. His original works for winds and percussion have been programmed by countless military, university, high school, and middle school bands throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, Australia, South America and Asia. His Symphony #1 (The Divine Comedy), Symphony #2 (The Odyssey), Symphony #3 (Don Quixote), Inchon and Africa: Ceremony, Song and Ritual have received worldwide critical acclaim. His educational compositions such as The Tempest, Encanto, and The Great Locomotive Chase have become standards for developing bands throughout the world.
Mr. Smith’s music has received extensive airplay on major network television as well as inclusion in multiple motion pictures. From professional ensembles such as the United States Navy Band, United States Air Force Band, Boston Pops and the Atlanta Symphony to school bands and orchestras throughout the world, his music speaks to audiences in any concert setting. As a conductor, clinician and keynote speaker, Mr. Smith has performed throughout North America, Asia, South America, Europe and Australia. His music has been recorded by various ensembles and is available on CD and download through iTunes, Amazon, and other recorded music outlets.
Mr. Smith is the President/CEO of RWS Music Company, exclusively distributed through C. L. Barnhouse. In addition, he is currently teaching in the Music Industry program at Troy University in Troy, Alabama. His teaching responsibilities are focused in music composition, production, publishing and business.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2021 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.